This project consists of about 280,000 square feet of space for the new Athletics South Competition and Performance Project to become the home for men’s and women’s track and field, cross country, lacrosse, soccer, and women’s rowing. The project will include an indoor and outdoor track competition venue for 2,000 and 500 spectators respectively. In addition, a lacrosse stadium will be built on the site that will accommodate 2,000 spectators. A consolidated performance team center is more cost-effective to provide specialized team spaces and shared resources for strength and conditioning, athletic medicine, a performance lab, meeting space and locker rooms. Completed in the fall of 2018, the development allows hosting of home, regional, and national competitions, and use by students participating in recreational sports.
CCC scope consisted of two substantial contracts.
• Gypsum & Acoustical Ceilings – SPC – Final Contract Amount approx. $3.7 million
• Gypsum & Acoustical Ceilings – IDT, ODT, LAX Final Contact Amount approx. $1.6 million
• Gypsum & Acoustical ceilings: included gypsum board assemblies, acoustical ceilings, linear wood, ceilings, column and beam enclosures – 280,000 SF – 4 buildings total
• Sports Performance Center (SPC)
Space includes: row tanks, hydrotherapy pools, 25,000 SF weight room, plyometric stairs & ramp, indoor turf field, treatment and rehab spaces, exam rooms, offices, nutrition and smoothie bar, team lounges, and team film rooms. Locker rooms for staff, Men’s & Women’s lacrosse teams, Men’s & Women’s track teams, and Women’s rowing team as well as visiting team locker rooms.
• Indoor Track (IDT) – 200 meter hydraulic track
• Spectator and administrative spaces
• Outdoor Track (ODT)
• Press box and storage spaces
Lacrosse Field (LAX)
• Lacrosse lobby, coach offices, conference rooms, and press and broadcasting spaces.