Renovations for Active Data Center.
Within the Fiat Chrysler Automotive (FCA) Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) is a data center that carries approximately 70% of FCA’s corporate data activity. FCA needed renovations made to the data center with the center remaining active throughout the planned 13 months of construction work. FCA commissioned CCC to be the general contractor for SHAP’s data center renovation. The scope of work included:
- 25 new Liebert computer room air conditioning units, along with glycol piping and rooftop condenser units
- VESDA system throughout (fire detection)
- Fire suppression system
- Hydrogen gas detection system
- Site scan and leak detection systems reconfiguration and upgrade
- Access control system reconfiguration
- FM200 and CO2 system and detectors removal
- Ramps, lifts and doors reconfiguration
- Entry vestibule reconfiguration
- Pipe routing closets addition
- Kitchen area demolition for future expansion
CCC self-performed interiors and concrete, and used 11 subcontractors for the rest of the work. The project was successfully completed on time in December 2016.